Little Medical School is a pioneer and leading developer of a specialized health education curriculum for children 1-16. It embraces a wide variety of educational programs, including but not limited to personal health, safety, life-saving skills, nutrition, dental care, and veterinary and wilderness medicine. Every child has once dreamed of being a doctor and our exciting and interactive curriculum ignites this passion in the world of healthcare careers. We encourage children to role-play and learn about being medical professionals and we are very passionate about inspiring the next generation of healthcare heroes!
All of our activities are hands-on and children get to practice using real tools that healthcare professionals use.
Are you passionate about health and science? Do you love working with children and presenting concepts fun and creatively?
We have paid positions available!
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to lead a series of classes featuring engaging classes in medicine for kids & teens.
Whether you are looking for a fantastic opportunity to enhance your resume, receive credit hours for your educational programs, or are looking for a fun way to increase your current income – Little Medical School is the place for you!
- The instructor will teach Little Medical School®’s proprietary curriculum to children aged 1-16 years old, in different schools and other locations in Ottawa or via a virtual platform.
Our programs include:
- Veterinarian Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Wilderness Medicine
- and more!
- The instructor is responsible for learning the proprietary curriculum and activities by attending training and completing the self-learning package.
- Must be reliable
- Must have experience working with children in similar settings
- Must be at least a second year student in a Health /Science program
- Must be First Aid Certified
- Pass a background check (Vulnerable Sector Check and Reference Check)
- Outgoing personality
- Must have a good English
- Good communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Presentation skills
- Good listening skills
- Reliable transportation
- Bilingual is preferred
- A medical background is not required
We offer the ideal job for pre-med school, nursing and allied health students.
Join our team to inspire the next generation of healthcare heroes!
Job Types: Contractor, Permanent
- During school: Choose to work 1-hour per week or more. We provide classes before school, after school or during school time.
- During Camp season the work schedule is 8-hours shift/5-days a week.
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 per hour