Last updated on December 1, 2020
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for https://littlemedicalschool.com/ottawa.
Little Medical School – Ottawa complies with PIPEDA Canada and all applicable laws.
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the https://littlemedicalschool.com/ottawa website (the “Service”) operated by Little Medical School – Ottawa (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We collect information about you whenever you use our services. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or another direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Examples of using our Services include making purchases at our websites, creating a Little Medical School account, contacting our customer service, and participating in our contests and other promotions.
The information you give us may include your first and/or last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, date of birth, gender, other demographic information and any other information you provide us.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
When you use our Services, we may collect information about the Services you use and how you use them. We do this to ensure that we are offering you the best products and services in a secure environment, and as part of our efforts to constantly improve your experience. In this process, we may collect and use your personal information relating to your purchasing trends, technical details about your browser and mobile device use and location (e.g., whether you are using a tablet or smartphone to visit our websites), and your viewing and usage trends in order to analyze and offer you customized advertising, products and services.
We also collect information that is publicly available, to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, we may collect the information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google+.
We use meta data information that is collected for analytics including IP addresses, location, device, etc.
How we use the information we collect?
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to process your purchases of products and services;
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts, contests, and subscriptions;
- to respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- to post your comments or statements on our websites and social media platforms;
- to send you customized promotions and special offers, including through email and social media platforms;
- to inform you about our classes and programs updates;
- to maintain and improve our sites and the products and services we offer by using tracking technologies such as cookies;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
How we share the information we collect?
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- When We Work with Service Providers – We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing and delivery, and analytics services. We require the companies to refrain from using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
- When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests – We may disclose your information if the disclosure is required by law, the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Little Medical School, our customers or our partners.
- When We Share with Other Companies for Marketing Purposes – We may share your information with service providers to provide you with customized promotions and special offers. This can include sharing your information with social media platforms in order to develop customized advertising that offers you unique products and services. We also may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our websites and services with other companies.
- When You Give Consent – We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
- When the Information Does Not Identify You – We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
- When You Post on Our Websites and Social Media Platforms – If you post information on one of our social media platforms or websites, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors, including your post information and your user name.
- When We Work on Business Transactions – If we become involved with a transaction involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
Alternatively, you may let us know that you do not wish to receive some or all of these promotional communications by emailing or writing to us at the addresses provided on the “Contact Us” page.
Please note that if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications, including emails about your accounts or purchases.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
See what data we have about you if any.
Change/correct any data we have about you.
Have us delete any data we have about you.
Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Deleting your account
If you want to cancel or delete your account, you may do so in writing at the email in the “Contact Us” section. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services, such as product returns or warranties. If you ask us to delete your account, we generally retain and use your account information only as long as necessary to fulfill a business or law enforcement need.
We take reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information you provide is maintained in a secure environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us or from our online services, and you do so at your own risk.
Little Medical School Ottawa has implemented and maintains reasonable and appropriate security measures, procedures and practices to protect against the loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of your personal information while it is in our custody or under our control. For example, we use SSL encryption, firewalls, anti-virus and system security monitoring. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a padlock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Storing and processing your information
Storing website data is what we collect from our visitors like contact forms, registration sign-ups, and product purchases. All credit card information is routed through a third party processor and so no credit card information is stored on the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Little Medical School – Ottawa. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you.
Little Medical School – Ottawa has no control over and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Little Medical School – Ottawa shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.